Learn to be a Scuba Instructor the "SSI Way." Most instructor programs focus only on teaching diving. However, most dive businesses require much more of instructors than merely teaching. The SSI Instructor Training Course (ITC) prepares you to become an active member of the scuba industry, a successful educator, and a valuable dive business employee.|
Your training includes:
- Techniques for recruiting, teaching and evaluating students
- The SSI Education System and Education Philosophy
- How dive industry stakeholders interact (manufacturers, media, agencies, retail and travel)
- How successful dive retailers and resorts operate
- Effective techniques for teaching in the pool and open water
- Legal aspects of teaching
- The basics of educational sales using SSI's Customer Loyalty Cycle
Why SSI Instructors are More Marketable
What Else Can You Teach?
- SSI Instructors possess business knowledge that instructors from other agencies don't. The expanded course content of the SSI ITC gives you an edge over "teaching only" programs and makes you a much more valuable, well-rounded employee.
- SSI Instructors represent the best of both worlds. You are trained to use the award-winning SSI Teaching System and you are trained to be a skilled educator.
- SSI Instructors are able to conduct the Universal Referral Program. This program allows you to complete referral dives through six different agencies: IDEA, NASDS, NAUI, PDIC, SSI and the YMCA. This is particularly valuable to resorts that receive customers affiliated with various certification agencies.
SSI Authorized Scuba Schools and the New Instructor
- Open Water Diver
- Passport Diver Program
- Try Scuba
- Scuba Skills Update
- Scuba Rangers (after completing the Scuba Rangers Instructor training)
As a new Instructor, your first few classes can be a little intimidating. When you work for an SSI Authorized Scuba School, you are teaching in an established scuba school with experienced instructors. They can assist with your first few courses and they have a wealth of knowledge to help you progress.
Already an Instructor and Just Need to Crossover?
SSI has a convenient crossover program for instructors affiliated with recognized agencies. Our premise is that since you are already an instructor, you only need to learn how SSI's Teaching System and Education Philosophy function.
Click here to go back to education.